Semi Truck Accident in Chicago
Chicago Semi Truck Accidents
If you have been involved in a Chicago semi truck accident, Allegretti & Associates provides tips and information you will need to know before you set foot in the courtroom.
The last thing on your mind if you have the misfortune to be involved in a semi truck accident in Chicago is likely to be, “What will I need to get a big settlement?” The following checklist should be helpful even after the actual accident, to make sure you have what you need, or at least know what you need to get, in order to prepare for court.
Checklist for court James Allegretti will help you get:
1. Police report of the accident. This contains key information about the road conditions, whether a ticket was issued at the scene, and other important details.
2. Medical reports. If you are injured, the ambulance, emergency room, and/or hospital will have a complete account of your accident injuries in Chicago, including their apparent causes.
3. Follow-up medical reports. If you’ve already seen a doctor, physical therapist, psychiatrist, or any other medical professional for injuries and issues caused by your semi truck accident, make sure you have copies of these reports, too. They can establish that your injuries are long-term or permanent, which is important to your case.
4. Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident. This includes anyone who saw what happened before, during, and in the aftermath of the accident. The more you are able to collect and provide to your attorney, the better.
5. All details regarding the semi truck that hit you. This includes the license number, truck number, name of the trucking company displayed, name of the driver, address of the driver and trucking company, and any insurance information. Check both the cab of the truck and the trailer, as sometimes there will be differences.
The more detailed information you are able to provide to your attorney before going to court, the more thoroughly your accident lawyer in Chicago will be able to investigate your case and prove your claims. The attorneys for the truck driver, trucking company, and other stakeholders will be doing their own investigating, so it is vital that you are armed with as much information as possible in order to get the best possible settlement for your injuries. Your trucking accident attorney in Chicago will use all the information you provide to mount a comprehensive lawsuit on your behalf. If you are involved in a collision with a semi, 18 wheeler, or any kind of truck, contact the Chicago accident law firm of Allegretti & Associates for assistance and guidance on how to prepare for court. We can be reached at 866-745-1531, or simply submit our quick contact web form.